Friday 4 January 2008

It's a new day, it's a new dawn, it's a new life for me

I am reborn every morning from the warm, safe womb of my bed. Cast out into a cold world, illuminated by unforgiving, bright electrical light. I shivering make my way to the bathroom, I brush my teeth, wash my face, get dressed, eat breakfast. Then I go to work where I get coffee from the canteen. I log on to the computer and start the many slow programs that I need to do my job. Then I do my job, or at least I try, at some point I eat lunch, then I go home, or I meet some friends, and mostly eat before becoming a zombie at around nine.

And every night I place my stiffening corpse in the cold and unwelcoming grave of my bed. I sleep, than it begins again.

Yes, my life is filled with excitement.

I'm gaining weight but my skin is recovering. 

Today I'm mostly thinking about Emilia. She is giving birth. Right now probably. It's a really big thing. It means a lot. 

I'm thinking about a whole lot more as well.

No comments: