Tuesday 19 February 2008

where does the good go

Iv'e had a serious low moodwise the latest week or so. Don't know why. Don't think it's pms. I feel tired of... something. I don't know what or why.

My only consolation is Transformers - the movie. I am kind of bummed out by the fact that no one wants to watch it with me though. They scowl and call me weird and I'm getting a little bit fed up with it. It was fun in the beginning, I like amusing my friends, but it's getting a bit ridiculous. This is who I am. I am a person who likes Transformers. (And transvestites.)

I bought books yesterday. Pretty shiny books. The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters by G.W. Dahlquist I started reading last night, and it seems good so far. Even though the authors name sounds swedish I beleive it is written in english. Very very good english. Almost to good. Almost. I almost get the feeling that the author is a little bit to obcessed by long witty sentences. But hopefully the book is good enough to survive that.

The other books I bought was The End of Mr. Y by Scarlett Thomas and The Somnambulist by Jonathan Barnes. All these books seem to be parts of some kind of new gothic/barrock wave... could some literary nerd please explaine to me where this comes from? Why, all of a sudden, a million billion books with suspense, mystery, bodices, wierd inventions, anti heroes and extremely cool design on the cover. Dream Eaters also have a very very fancy webpage, and The End of Mr. Y seems to have reaped great success on book blogs worldwide. (Yes, seems. I dont read book blogs.) So why? What started this trend?

No comments: