Sunday 9 August 2009

jeans and happiness and soup

Today has been a most effective and good day. It started with me waking up after a million years of sleep, feeling funny and kind of thick they way you do after too much sleep. After waking I made myself some breakfast - chilli sandwiches - and painted. My latest painting is kinda coming along, looking less bad and strange and more like I have a good feeling of what I want it to look like.

Then I went to the gym with Hannah, which felt good, and then I went to Penneys and bought a pair of jeans, new gym-pants, a belt and a top. (And a hoodie but I'll return it.) I decided the days of feeling big and heavy and draping myself in ill-fitting big clothes to hide all the new kilos are over. Less comfortable, more nice looking. Less sugar, carbs and fat, more vegetables. With this in mind I thought of some food I would like to eat during the week and asked Joe to drive me to Tesco in Wilton which he did without complaining. So now I have three days of food at home and no reason to come home and find nothing to eat but pasta. It's a good thing.

For dinner I'm making a pretty simple cauliflower soup, just because I wanted to use up the cauliflower I had over from the curry I made yesterday. I think I'll post the recipe in my food blog if it's good. With pictures!

No other news from the week, or weekend, exept for my mom having the swine flu. She's not worried and I'm trying not to be either.

And also Spotify wont work since a couple of hours which makes me sad.

But apart from that I's been a good day and a good weekend and a good week and I feel happy.

Listening to: Dr John aka the Night Tripper - I Walk On Guilded Splinters, from the album Gris-Gris, 1968.

No comments: